THE ORIGIN OF THE PROJECT
Achievements in the engineering of materials with special magnetic and spectral properties are of great importance. Developing materials dedicated to specific applications requires knowledge of many scientific disciplines (chemistry, atomic physics, solid state physics, electrodynamics, thermodynamics, etc.), a range of practical skills (sample preparation, implementation of measurement systems, development of measurement data, etc.) and access to specialist data. The situation is further complicated by the fact that contemporary theoretical Solid State Physics is a vast and highly formalized discipline that often does not describe the actual, measurable properties of matter. The clearly visible trend to adopt specific methodological apparatus to describe the properties of each group of materials has resulted in a huge amount of newly created models that describe the characteristic physical properties of a particular group or class of compounds. It is commonly accepted that the electron structure of a substance is responsible for its magnetic, spectral and thermal properties, but this notion assumes a different meaning in different theoretical approaches. This dichotomy became the foundation of our software that predicts the properties of solid compounds and helps create new materials with properties dedicated to specific applications. We decided to call it ATOMIC MATTERS.
ATOMIC MATTERS makes it easy to:
- EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN OF MAGNETIC, ELECTRONIC, THERMODYNAMIC, AND SPECTROSCOPIC PROPERTIES OF MATERIALS CONTAINING TRANSITION-METAL IONS WITH AN UNCLOSED p, d, f ELECTRONIC sub-SHELL (e.g. 2p/3p/3d/4d/5d/4f/5f-electronic system)
- COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT THE IONIC AND ATOMIC PROPERTIES OF MATERIALS
- UNIFY SCIENTIFIC CALCULATION METHODS OF LOCALIZED ELECTRONIC STATES, MAGNETISM, AND THERMODYNAMIC PROPERTIES OF MATERIALS CONTAINING SPECIFIED IONS.
- PREDICT THE PROPERTIES OF NEW MATERIALS
- DISCOVER MATERIALS FOR NEW, UNIQUE APPLICATIONS.
ONLY STRICT, QUANTUM MECHANICAL METHODS ROOTED IN ATOMIC PHYSICS AND GROUP THEORY ARE USED. CALCULATIONS ARE PERFORMED IN A VECTOR SPACE THAT SPANS A BODY OF COMPLEX NUMBERS.
The application does not create virtual states or new quasiparticles in calculations. No unverifiable theories are used. No tricks, only pure clean quantum mechanics and statistical physics.